Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Chloe is 3!

Holy Cow!  I cannot believe that our little girl is not so little anymore. Evidence of how busy she keeps us can be seen in that I hardly ever have time to make posts anymore. So obviously this post is going to be fully about Chloe, and I do apologize if I seem a little scattered (I'll go into reasoning behind that in another post.)

February 7th was Chloe's 3rd birthday. Since it was a Sunday we didn't really do anything to celebrate it besides giving her a couple of her gifts, a Kindle Fire and a Princess Sofia dress. We knew Brian's dad was going to be in town for business and so we had a small family party in the evening on the 10th. That morning we went to the Kidspace Children's Museum in Pasadena. It is definitely a place I want to take her again, and would suggest to others who have curious kids. We only intended to stay for a couple hours so we could get her a nap before the party with grandparents, but ended up staying until 2:30 pm. By the time we got home she was beyond the point where she would nap, but we still put her in her room for quiet time so I could go to the store and get ice cream and Brian could put together the gift from his parents (a little wooden kitchen). Considering Chloe didn't get a nap that day she did really well and was not grumpy. I think it was because she had Grandma and Grandpa Jones, Grandpa Riches, and Uncle Nathan there. She loves being the center of attention and very enthusiastically told us stories over dinner. Chloe did very well opening the presents and saying thank you for each one. It was funny because after opening each gift she wanted to just play with them rather then moving on to the next one. It was a fun day. Very simple and laid back, but I think she enjoyed it.

Here's a little more about Chloe now that she is 3:

  • Weighs 30lbs and  is 37.5 inches tall. Very tall and skinny.
  • Wears 3T, but could wear 4T for pants. Size Toddler 9 for shoes
  • Very vocal in her opinions.
  • Great imagination, she is starting to develop some imaginary friends.
  • Loves Disney, and especially going to Disneyland (oftentimes when we get on the freeway she asks if we are going)
  • Puts off going to bed by asking for more and more stories to be read to her.
  • Loves singing and dancing. Just started a gymnastics class.
  • Recently has enjoyed being naked and will undress herself to be in that state.
  • Mostly potty trained (except for when she is at home it seems...)
  • Is still in Nursery at church since she missed the cut off, but seems to be doing well with the younger kids.
  • Pretty picky eater, loves plain noodles/raviolis, string cheese, and grape tomatoes. Still not a meat eater.
  • Seems to be letting go of naps :(
Chloe is so special to us. She has a very strong personality, which makes her a little difficult at times, but most of the time she is great. When she is being sweet and loving it makes me fall even more in love with her. I'm so happy to be her mother and wouldn't trade her for any other kid in the world. Happy Birthday to my wonderful Chloe!


No comments:

Post a Comment