Thursday, February 26, 2015

Chloe's 2nd Birthday

Chloe turned 2 on February 7th. (Yes, I know it's been almost 20 days, I've been a little busy. :P) Anyways, over the past months Chloe has shown a great love in the movie Finding Nemo. She would constantly request to watch it, and memorized lines from the movie. So when planning Chloe's birthday party I decided to do a Finding Nemo themed birthday party. I had a blast planning it, and I think Chloe and her guests really enjoyed it. Here are some pictures from the day:

Our Nemo Ocean Wall

I had Jellyfish around the room.

Yummy Food!

Nemo Coloring Pages

Playing with Playdough

Pin the "Lucky" Fin on Nemo

Fishing! The kids loved this and would have done this the whole time if they could.
We also played a game where the kids rolled a cube with different colors on each side, and with each color we would do a different action such as "Jump on the jellyfish" "Glide on Mr. Ray" or "Peak out of the anemone."

Chloe's cake that I made.

We didn't even practice blowing out candles and she did it first try!

She got a Squirt to go with her Nemo.

The Kids. (this is the best group shot we could get lol)
We had a great day and I'm grateful for those that were able to come.

So here's some more things about Chloe now that she is two:
  • She has so much personality. She will stand in front of the mirror and make faces at her herself.
  • She has become extremely talkative. (Except she's developed a shyness with strangers in the past weeks)
  • She picks up new words almost instantly.
  • She is a climber and explorer.
  • When she does something she's proud of she'll turn to us and say "I did it!"
  • She likes to pretend cook like "Ratatouille", she says it as "Touie", and likes to help mom cook.
  • She has mental maps of places that we go frequently (mall, church, apartment complex)
  • She's become quite the picky eater.
  • She goes down for naps and to bed for the night extremely well.
  • She stopped breastfeeding a month ago.
  • She loves most anything Disney related (We probably let her watch too much...)
  • Still likes Tinkerbell, but has recently become obsessed with Frozen and singing "Let it Go"
  • Loves going on our walks to Barnes & Noble where we read many books, and she asks us "One more" when it's time to go.
  • Pretends to read any book, even if it's dads textbooks.
  • 25lbs (29th %) and 34inches (44th %)

No comments:

Post a Comment