Monday, June 16, 2014

Father's Day at Big Bear Lake

For Father's Day this year I had the idea to drive up to Big Bear Lake. It's about an hour away from where we live and Brian loves being outdoors. I'm too nervous to go camping with Chloe yet, so I figured this would be nice day trip and we'd be able to go home and sleep in our own beds without the fear of Chloe having a rough night. It was a gorgeous day. We started off the day opening Brian's present, the t-shirt he's wearing in the pictures. It says "Daddy Since 2013". Cheesy but cute. Once we arrived in Big Bear we ate lunch. It was nice and quiet because we were the only ones in the picnic area. We then drove around the lake to the Discovery Center, which has a small museum for guests to look at. After that we headed out on a trail. The trail was called the Alpine Pedal Path. I knew since we would be pushing Chloe in her stroller it'd be better to take a trail that was paved. Brian was sad at this decision at first because he said we probably wouldn't be surrounded with enough nature. Luckily he was pleasantly surprised by the trail. We took a path through the trees and then it came out right by the lake. It was beautiful and nicely shaded most of the way. I feel so blessed to have such an amazing man to be my husband, and he makes a terrific dad. Chloe really loves spending time with him whenever he is not busy doing schoolwork. He makes her giggle so much, it's cute to see them playing and running around chasing each other.





No comments:

Post a Comment