Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Nearly 9 Months Old!

I can't believe nearly 9 months has passed since Chloe came into our lives (she'll be nine months old November 7th). It has been crazy and hectic and all around wonderful, hence why I haven't managed to come on here and do any updates. So I guess the easiest to do this is list some of the amazing/great/perfect things about Chloe:

She has two teeth on her bottom (we are anxiously awaiting the top ones)

So far she has loved all the pureed foods we have tried, her favorites being sweet potatoes and applesauce. She really hasn't liked any of the meats, but I don't really blame her they smell awful.

We tried Cheerios and she loves them even though more end up in her lap then her mouth.  Today we tried cheese and I think she'll be a fan just like her mom and dad.

She will be Batgirl for Halloween. I had tons of fun making her costume.

She is a pro at crawling and chases River.

Her favorite place to stand is against the tv stand or her jumparoo.

She babbles and says dada or mama all the time. She was trying to say hi for awhile but I think she got bored of it.

She waves at random things/people. She can also clap and point.

She loves baths and soaks the bathroom floor because she's splashing so much.

She loves River and thinks it's funny when River smacks her with her paw. It's become her new game to try to suck on River's tail.

She is mostly happy all the time and makes me friends wherever she goes,  although she is starting to develop a little stranger and separation anxiety.

Well that's all things Chloe and of course there is so much more.  As for me I've been working at Party City seasonally. It was hard to leave Chloe since I've been at home with her for the past 7 months,  but it's given Brian some good bonding time.  I am going to get into substitute teaching hopefully in the beginning of the year,  but until then after this seasonal job is done I'll be exclusively at home again.

Brian has been really quite busy this semester what with working on his thesis,  regular coursework and watching Chloe while I'm at work.  It sometimes seems like I never see him anymore, even though he is usually just upstairs working.  Next semester he is considering taking one less class so he has more time and isn't spread so thin. With this plan Brian should be finished with his Masters Degree and all his coursework towards his PhD by May of 2015. At which point we will not be tied to living in Claremont and are pondering places to move while Brian completes the research/papers/job experience/dissertation required for the PhD.

No comments:

Post a Comment