Sunday, September 16, 2012

Updates (New Apartment, Baby C, etc.)

It's been a little more than a month now since I posted something, and I figured something was better than nothing. We have pretty much settled into our new apartment now, there are still some totes that we need to figure out to where store, and the eventual arrival of boxes from my parents, but everything has it's place for the most part. Our apartment definitely has some quirks that I will need to get used to, but it's nice to have three bedrooms since we can set aside a room specifically as the nursery. It seems like everyday since we have arrived has been 100 degrees, and sometimes barely cooler. I am grateful that we have air conditioning...even if it's not the best, luckily the baby's room is the coolest so I won't have to worry about baby C overheating in the summertime. We have to watch River if she spends an extended time upstairs to make sure she doesn't start panting. The silly kitten wants to be with us so much that she won't go downstairs where it is cooler. Hopefully as fall starts to approach the weather won't stay nearly as warm, and we'll be able to enjoy many days of rain.

Brian will be starting his third week of classes at Claremont Graduate University and I can tell he is enjoying being in an academic setting again. He loves what he is learning thus far, and has some classes that he favors more over others. The class he dislikes most requires an obsessive amount of reading, he was saying that he to read about 300 pages of material over the course of a week. I don't know how he could read that much in that time frame and actually learn the material. Hopefully all will go well with this class and he won't feel too overwhelmed.

I am still searching for a job and so have had much time on my hands. I am getting a little bit of cabin fever, but it's too hot outside still to go exploring the neighborhood. I have an interview on Tuesday, so fingers crossed that something will come out of that. At this point I would be fine if a company just hired me on as a seasonal worker, since baby C is due at the end of January, and I don't know how a new company would feel about giving me maternity leave. We'll see.

I wish I could say that I had more news concerning the baby. Unfortunately we have had delays in getting insurance, and thus have not been able to go to the doctors. The last doctors appointment that I had was August 6th. I will be 21 weeks on Wednesday. I cannot believe that I am already halfway through with this pregnancy. And even though I am not doing much everyday, it seems like the days are just speeding by. Luckily we heard back from Brian's school on how to get me on their insurance, so hopefully I will be able to get a doctors appointment soon. Last Monday we did have an ultrasound done out of curiosity. There is actually an ultrasound technician school that does free ultrasounds as part of their training, and so I was able to convince Brian to go. The funny thing is that when we went none of the students were in the building at the time, so one of the instructors was the one who performed the ultrasound. (So I felt more comfortable accepting what she told me, versus having a student tell me things) Baby C was alive and kicking away at my bladder, which I've come to realize is the babies favorite place to kick at me. Baby C has grown so much in just a month. Baby C was cooperative enough for a couple minutes to give us a shot between the legs, and the technician gave us her guess.....which even though we agreed with her, I am not going to announce until we have had a doctors appointment to confirm it. In other news Baby C's kicks are getting to be so much stronger, like they actually feel like kicks now instead of light flutters. Brian has actually been able to feel Baby C kick his hand several times. Today we also saw my stomach move from one of Baby C's kicks, it was crazy to feel it internally and see it from the outside. It lets me know that Baby C is alive and well. It was funny, the other night I was laying down and I could totally see where Baby C was, the right side of stomach was protruding about an inch higher than my left side. Baby C stayed like that for a couple minutes, then moved away, and my stomach went back to normal. My baby bump doesn't seem that big to me, but moments like that make me realize how much bigger Baby C is now (supposedly 10.5 inches in length and 3/4 of a pound). Here is a profile shot from the ultrasound, and my most recent baby bump picture:



I am so excited for what the future holds. Hopefully I will have more concrete information concerning Baby C the next time I post.

No comments:

Post a Comment